GEORGE TOWN, March 16 — An inquest into the death of M. Vasanthapiriya, 14, who was accused of stealing a teacher’s smartphone, will start on March 30.
Penang police chief Commissioner Datuk A. Thaiveegan said the Coroner’s Court today fixed the date for the inquest.
“The attorney-general has last month instructed that an inquest be held to reveal the circumstances surrounding the student’s death,” he said.
He said the Coroner’s Court is expected to call in more than 30 people to testify in the inquest.
The inquest is expected to be held at a Magistrates’ Court in George Town. Read more