Dialogue with the Consultants of the National Human Rights Action Plan (NHRAP)
Malaysia Government has been planning for some time now to establish the National Human Rights Action Plan (NHRAP). Therefore, the cabinet on the 12th of October 2012 had agreed to establish a National Human Rights Action Plan with the focus to 5 cores which are:
1) Civil and political rights
2) Economic, social and cultural rights
3) Rights of the Vulnerable Group
4) Rights of the Indigenous People
5) International Obligations
The NHRAP for Malaysia are to:
1) Provide guidance to government officials, non-governmental organizations, professional bodies, educators and the society’s responsibility to ensure human rights is preserved;
2) Strengthening the functions of the bodies in charge of issues related to human rights;
3) Promoting the ratification of the internal human rights treaties in accordance with the Federal Constitution and help monitor the country’s involvement in international obligations;
4) Promoting sensitivity to issues of National Rights; and
5) Providing emphasis to human rights aspects in the country’s development
As you may know BHEUU (Bahagian Hal Ehwal Undang-Undang – Legal Affairs Divsion (BHEUU), Prime Minister’s Office) has mandated a team of Consultants to develop the NHRAP for Malaysia after getting input from all stakeholders. They are on a roadshow in the country to meet NGOs and individuals to solicit inputs towards developing NHRAP.
Kindly look at their website for more information http://nhrapmalaysia.com/
We have agreed for a dedicated meeting between the NHRAP consultants.
The meeting with the consultants of the NHRAP on the 16th May 2016 at Pusat KOMAS 2.30-5.30 pm. Below is the programme agenda of the meeting.
2.15 pm – Registration
2.30 pm – Introduction to NHRAP
3.00 pm – Open Discussion
5.30 pm – End
Please RSVP to Ryan Chua at email@example.com or whatsapp at 016-3010380 to confirm your attendance for this consultation.
A-2-10, 8 Avenue,
Jalan Sungai Jernih 8/1,
Seksyen 8, 46050, Petaling Jaya.