Source: The Malaysian Insider
Tenaganita says foreign workers fear that they will be arrested if their application under the rehiring programme is unsuccessful. – The Malaysian Insider file pic, February 22, 2016.
Why is the government promoting the rehiring of undocumented foreign workers while going on a massive scale of arrest and deportation exercise, rights group Tenaganita asked today.
Its director, Aegile Fernandez, said this would only cause undocumented foreign workers to stay away from registering under the rehiring programme for fear they would be arrested if their application was unsuccessful.
Putrajaya embarked on the Rehiring Programme for Illegal Workers on February 15, to run untill December 31, with the objective of legalising foreign workers and assess the actual number of workers needed by industries.
Employers who have hired undocumented foreign labour, would have to pay RM1,200 to legalise each worker.
Fernandez told The Malaysian Insider today that Tenaganita had been receiving calls from employers and migrants who were concerned that workers would be arrested if they were not accepted under the programme. Read more
Sumber: The Malaysian Insider
Diskriminasi, kekurangan visi dan rasuah sebab Putrajaya terus bergelut dengan pekerja asing tanpa izin walaupun program pengampunan dijalankan 2 tahun lalu, kata kumpulan hak asasi pendatang Tenaganita. – Gambar fail The Malaysian Insider, 21 Februari, 2016.
Diskriminasi, kekurangan visi dan rasuah sebab Putrajaya terus bergelut dengan pekerja asing tanpa izin walaupun program pengampunan 6P selesai dijalankan 2 tahun lalu dan kini, kerajaan mahu memulakan semula satu proses yang sama, kata kumpulan hak asasi pendatang Tenaganita.
Tambahan kepada masalah ini ialah majikan yang tidak bertanggungjawab mengabaikan pekerja mereka apabila tenaga mereka tidak lagi diperlukan, kata pengarah pertubuhan bukan kerajaan (NGO) itu Aegile Fernandez.
Ini menambah kepada bilangan pendatang asing tanpa izin yang sedia tinggi, walaupun program 6P yang berakhir pada 2014 berjaya mendaftarkan 521,724 pendatang yang sebelumnya bekerja tanpa permit, katanya.
“Kami terima panggilan setiap hari daripada pekerja asing, mengadu mengenai majikan yang melanggar undang-undang dan menafikan hak pekerja mereka, yang menahan gaji dan dokumen mereka, dan yang mendera mereka.
“Berapa banyak yang kami boleh bantu?” soalnya kepada The Malaysian Insider. Read more
Source: The Borneo Post Online
PUTRAJAYA: The Home Ministry has received 8,418 applications for the illegal immigrants Rehiring Programme for a period of four days from Febuary 15.
Its secretary-general Datuk Seri Alwi Ibrahim said these involved 8,100 applications for Indonesian nationals, Myanmar citizens (178) and other nationalities (140).
He said the implementation of the Rehiring Programme would be continued for illegals from the 15 existing source countries.
“The government wants to encourage employers in the country to use the opportunity to participate in the Rehiring Programme which started from February 15.
“This follows the government’s decision yesterday to suspend recruitment of all foreign workers from all source countries including Bangladesh,” he said in a statement here yesterday. Read more