GUA MUSANG: The remains of a young girl found in the waters of Sungai Perias near here on Wednesday has been identified as eight-year-old Sasa Sobrie (pic).
She was one of the seven orang asli children who went missing more than six weeks ago.
Her remains had been identified by her uncle at a hospital here on Thursday.
The girl’s decomposed body was found in Sungai Perias, about 500m from her hostel at SK Tohoi at 7pm.
Sasa and the other children, Mirsudiar Aluj, 11; Norieen Yaakob, 10; Ika Ayel, nine; Haikal Yaakob, eight; Linda Rosli, eight, and Juvina David, seven, who lived in the school hostel, were said to have fled into the jungle to escape punishment after they were caught swimming in a nearby river without permission.
A platoon of the Senoi Praaq General Operation Force joined the search and rescue efforts as the majority of its platoon members were familiar with the rough and dense terrain.
Related Articles, including those in Bahasa Malaysia
- Bapa cam mayat kanak-kanak Orang Asli berdasarkan gelang dan subang [8 Okt 2015]
- Polis sahkan mayat dijumpai di sungai, murid Orang Asli yang hilang [8 Okt 2015]
- Body of girl found near school where seven orang asli kids went missing [7 Oct 2015]
- Part 2: Missing Orang Asli children cannot survive in jungle, says community leader [4 Oct 2015]
- Bab 2: Kanak-kanak Orang Asli hilang tidak mampu bertahan dalam hutan [4 Okt 2015]
- Part 1: Orang Asli parents fear missing children victims of organ traffickers [3 Oct 2015]
- Bab 1:Ibu bapa Orang Asli khuatir kanak-kanak hilang mangsa penjual organ [3 Okt 2015]
- Parents slam authorities, school for slow response in search for missing children [3 Oct 2015]
- Missing Orang Asli children symptom of neglected, overlooked rural schools, parents say [16 Sep 2015]