PETALING JAYA: Aktivis Jufazli Shi Ahmad berkata keputusan ketua pendakwa raya negeri menutup kes berkaitan dakwaannya terhadap salahlaku dan rasuah dalam kerajaan Sabah menunjukkan beliau di pihak yang benar.
Menurut Jufazli, penutupan kes itu dimaklumkan kepadanya selepas menghubungi polis hari ini.
“Mereka memaklumkan ketua pendakwaraya negeri memutuskan secara rasmi kes saya yang dibuka di bawah kesalahan Akta Hasutan pada 9 November 2016 lepas ‘telah ditutup’,” kata Jufazli dalam kenyataan hari ini.
“Pihak pendakwaan membebaskan saya sepenuhnya dan tiada pendakwaan mahkamah daripada pertuduhan menghasut rakyat melawan kerajaan kerana tiada unsur-unsur jenayah menghasut.”
Sebelum ini, Jufazli pernah disiasat kerana disyaki melanggar Seksyen 4 Akta Hasutan 1948 dan Seksyen 233 Akta Komunikasi dan Multmedia 1998.
Beliau juga pernah ditahan pada 9 November 2016 dan disiasat kerana memfitnah, menghasut dan melakukan kesalahan di bawah Akta Komunikasi dan Multimedia 1998.
Aktivis dari Semporna itu lantang mengkritik kerajaan Sabah, terutamanya dalam skandal berkaitan jabatan air negeri.
“Akhirnya Allah tunjukkan ini bukan fitnah dan saya di pihak benar. Terima kasih kepada 6 orang Peguam saya yang membantu saya melawan Musa dan kerajaan UMNO-BN di Sabah,” kata Jufazli hari ini.
Awal Ramadhan lalu, Jufazli mengumumkan menyertai DAP sebagai ahli seumur hidup dalam usahanya untuk menewaskan Ketua Menteri Sabah Datuk Seri Musa Aman dan Barisan Nasional.
Disember tahun lalu, Jufazli menyatakan hasrat untuk bertanding di kerusi Musa Aman, Sungai Sibuga.
Musa memenangi Sungai Sibuga dengan majoriti 11,569 undi dalam pertandingan 5 penjuru pada pilihan raya 2013. Beliau tidak pernah tewas di kerusi itu sejak mula bertanding di situ pada 1999.
Youth activist Jufazli says sedition case against him closed
Source: FMT News
PETALING JAYA: Youth activist Jufazli Shi Ahmad today said he had been informed by police that action against him based on the Sedition Act had been halted.
He said police informed him that the deputy public prosecutor in Sabah had officially decided to close the case which he claims was brought on by Chief Minister Musa Aman and his Sabah BN government on Nov 9 last year.
“The public prosecutor’s party has freed me completely and there will be no court prosecution on allegations of inciting the people to fight the Umno-BN government because there are no elements of sedition,” he said in a statement.
Describing it as yet another victory against Musa and the state government, he said it showed that he had been in the right.
The 28-year old thanked his six lawyers and police for conducting investigations transparently and fairly.
“The awakening of youths like me is a symbol of the Sabah people’s victory in fighting your government which is so cruel and disgraceful that Sabah has become poor in Malaysia,” he said, addressing his message at Musa.
Jufazli, who joined DAP on June 5, had announced his intention to run in Sungai Sibuga, against Musa, in the 14th general election (GE14).
Jufazli had said he was giving up his job as a lecturer at a private university to concentrate on fighting for a better Sabah, and that he would be based in Sandakan, where the constituency is located, until the election.
On Nov 9 last year, he was arrested at a shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and investigated for slander, sedition and offences under the Communications and Multimedia Act. He was detained until Nov 15.
He however said he was not prosecuted despite having been locked up at the Jinjang police station in Kuala Lumpur and Tawau station in Sabah.
On May 26 this year, he said he received a call from the police on a new case initiated against him.
On June 7, Jufazli was placed under arrest and his statement taken at the Penampang district police headquarters. He was released that same day.
Jufazli was reportedly under investigation for suspected new offences under Section 4 of the Sedition Act and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act.
The activist, from Semporna, is a vocal critic of the Sabah government, especially in the recent corruption case involving the state’s water department.
A former director of the department and two others have been charged with money laundering involving a total of RM61.48 million. The case will begin on July 4.