- What Personal Data do we collect?
- How do we collect your Personal Data?
- How do we collect your Personal Data via our website?
- What do we use your Personal Data for?
- Correction of and updating your Personal Data.
- Your consent.
- To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
- How long may we retain your Personal Data?
HAKAM is committed to the safeguarding and protection of your Personal Data in line with the Personal Data Protection Principles under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), even though HAKAM is not defined or classified as a “Data User” under the PDPA.
What Personal Data do we collect?
The types of Personal Data we collect from you or from third parties depends on the circumstances involved. Our collection of your Personal Data would normally include the following, mainly for purposes of administering the membership of HAKAM, but is not limited to:
• Personal information of an individual: name and national registration identity card number
• Contact information of an individual: address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, facsimile number, and email address
• Other information of an individual: occupation, country of residence
• Technical information (via this website or our Facebook page – including our Facebook event pages): IP address
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect the same Personal Data which you submit or provide to us when you apply for membership to (or for membership renewal with) HAKAM.
Your Personal Data in the form of technical information is collected via our website through a third party, i.e. our service provider, or in the case of our Facebook page and Facebook event pages, through Facebook Inc.
Such collection may be facilitated via letter, fax or email, when you contact us or when we contact you, or when you visit our website or Facebook pages.
How do we collect your Personal Data via our website or our Facebook page?
We may use your IP address for the purpose of gathering internet traffic data and broad demographic information.
Name, Facebook ID, Email Address:
We require you to give us your contact information (name and email address) so that we can respond to your inquiries sent through our website/contact email address.
All communication via our Facebook page (including our Facebook event pages) is governed by and subjected to the features and policies offered and enforced by Facebook Inc.
Information on Cookies:
What do we use your Personal Data for?
We may use your Personal Data:-
• To respond to your inquiries or to contact you in general
• To process your membership application / renewal
• To send you information on our activities and initiatives via our electronic mailing list(s) and/or Facebook page(s) which are operated/facilitated by third party service provider(s)
• To send you notices to our Annual General Meetings or other meetings of HAKAM where you have been accepted as a member or continue to be a member
• To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements, if any
In respect of the above uses, we may disclose your information to our agent and relevant third party service providers.
Correction of and updating your Personal Data
You may request to update or make amendments to the Personal Data you have submitted to us by forwarding your request by letter to us or by email to info[at]hakam.org.my.
By voluntarily submitting your Personal Data to us through your membership application (or membership renewal), consent is necessarily implied from you that you are agreeable to providing your Personal Data for use by HAKAM. Similarly, by voluntarily subscribing to our Facebook page (including our Facebook Event pages), consent is necessarily implied from you that you are agreeable to HAKAM using your Personal Data via Facebook.
Please note that it is necessary for us to process/use your Personal Data in order to keep you updated about our activities and initiatives; as well as meetings of HAKAM, where applicable.
Nonetheless, you may stop receiving electronic updates from us:-
• By unsubscribing from our electronic mailing list(s)
• By unsubscribing from our Facebook page (including our Facebook Event pages)
To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
HAKAM will not trade or sell your Personal Data to third parties.
In course of processing membership applications, maintaining our membership roll or communicating with you on HAKAM matters, we may disclose or transfer certain information to our agents and relevant third party service providers.
We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data as permitted or required by law such as in compliance with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
How long may we retain your Personal Data?
HAKAM will retain your Personal Data for as long as you remain a member of HAKAM or in the event you are not a HAKAM member, for as long as you choose to retain your subscription to our non-member electronic mailing list(s) (if any) or our Facebook page (including our Facebook Event pages).
We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all your Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted when it is no longer required.