Source: The Borneo Post
10 JANUARY, 2016 — PENAMPANG: United Pasokmomogun Kadazandusun Murut Organisation (Upko) is standing firm on its recommendation that the Government recall and reissue all MyKads issued in Sabah.
Its acting president Datuk Seri Panglima Wilfred Madius Tangau said as far as UPKO was concerned, its proposal was very clear and it had been made known to the public.
“We will continue to say that this is the way to go (recalling and reissuing new MyKad) as it is the way to move forward for the issue. And we are only waiting for the Barisan Nasional (BN) Sabah liaison committee to meet and discuss the proposal,” he said.
Tangau said this when met by reporters after visiting the soon-to-be completed RM500mil International Technology and Commercial Centre here yesterday. Read more
Source: The Malay Mail Online
Pic taken from The Star Online
KOTA KINABALU, Dec 4 — Local leaders are pressing the state and federal governments to explain the apparent inaction over Sabah’s perennial problem with illegal immigrants despite the release of report by a royal inquiry on the subject a year ago.
Politicians from both sides of the divide are complaining of the lack of action since the release of the findings by the Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI), with some claiming the entire investigation to be just a ruse with no substance and authority to solve the issue.
“The people of Sabah are obviously not happy with the progress following the RCI report. It has been a year now and looks like the people do not know what happened or which direction the committee is heading for and what recommendations they are making.
“We must be transparent over this monstrous issues that has bedevilled the people of Sabah for decades,” said Minister in the Prime Minister’s department Tan Sri Joseph Kurup when contacted by Malay Mail Online. Read more